Saturday, September 4, 2010

London Day 1

Okay i have put this off long enough and i can't eat my pizza till i write this so i think i am going to do this.

So last week i went to London for those of you who didn't know. It was AMAZING!! i could totally live there! It is such a lovely town. I went up sunday right after church. The bus ride was only two hoursish so that was great. I got there at 5 and went to Starbucks so i could get my bearings. From there i decided to head down to Big Ben because i wanted to hit that before it got dark. On my way there i came up to this huge abbey and realized that it was Westminster Abbey.


And when i got there i found out that i made it just in time for the Evening Service, which in its self was amazing!! But what was more amazing is that i got to go into the abbey with out having to pay anything :):) So the service was great with the small downside of it being held by a sister, but i was able to get past that fast. After that was done i headed across the street to see the Palace of Westminster


And I got to see Big Ben :):) It was so cool to actually see the places that you read about all the time and see pictures of and dream to see


After taking loads of pictures there i crossed the river themes and went over to the London Eye


Also by then the sun was setting and i was able to get this amazing picture of Big Ben with the sun setting behind some buildings.


So i went and got my tickets for the London Eye went and got in and line and got on. Now i thought that because i am afraid of heights and this thing gets really heigh (Almost 500 feet!!) that i would be really scared but i actually wasn't. That is mostly in-part to the size of the glass capsules that you are in. They are really big and can fit like 20 people. So because of that i wasn't scared at all =D Yay me! And i am so glad i went up because i was able to get some amazing pictures!!!




Okay maybe i was scared just a bit ;)


After the London Eye I headed over to my hostel which was very interesting because one of the parks that i needed to walk through to get to my hostel was closed so i had to go around it. And that meant that for the next hour i was semi lost, wandering around london, or should i say the night london which is totally different, Going down a street that was full of cops and drunk people. But i finally made it and settled into my room. And after being woke up at 1:30 by people coming into the room went to bed.

So that was my first day at London. I will do the Second day soon....Hopefully. And then i will write about this amazing jazz Festival.

Interesting fact about England: The Police Men in London actually wear the funny hat :):) like the tall curved one that all the kids books show them wearing.

2 comments: